Tenvis JPT3815W wireless cant connect

Discussion of wifi set-up

Moderators: support05, support

Tenvis JPT3815W wireless cant connect

Postby cuins » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:32 pm

i bought Tenvis jpt3815w.I think it is jpt3815w 2013 version because firmware is Ver 1.7.19 Camera connecting with cable but it doesnt connect to wireless.it show all my wireless signal excellent but when i select and enter the wifi password it cant connect from wireless.

I read a lot of same problem and i tried all advice but it doesnt work.i added screenshot from my settings and red button always red doesnt change to green.

anybody have any different advice?or is it possible to connect to my pc from teamviewer.
Attachments
1.PNG
cuins

Re: Tenvis JPT3815W wireless cant connect

Postby support » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:46 am

Did you try to pick the Station Profile and then click the button Activate?
By the way, it is better for you to update the firmware to 1.7.20 based on the below info.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3233

If it still does not work, you need to open the router and adjust the wireless connection.
1. This camera does not support 802.11n wireless protocol. If your router is working with these two modes which are 802.11n and 802.11b/g/n
mixed, it might be the problem. Please check the wireless mode in your router and change it to 802.11b/g mixed or 802.11g.
2. The IP camera does not support 12 and 13 wireless channel.
If your router use both of these two wireless channels, it might be the problem. Please change it to other channels.
3. Please disable the firewall and Mac filter from your router and then try to change the encryption mode to have a try.
4. Please reset the camera to factory setting to have a try.

If you still need us to make the setting for you, please contact us through email support @tenvis.com.
support

Postby cuins » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:33 pm

i update the firmware to Ver 1.7.20 but nothing change. my friends have another ipcam and i borrow his ipcam.And try it on the same router his ipcam connect perfect to my wireless signal.When i check his firmware its also Ver 1.7.20 and same with mine.
I am sure all the settings perfect because there is two ipcam and one of them doesnt connect and another one is connecting perfect..
Please help me,if it si possible connect to my pc with teamviewer??
cuins

Postby support05 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:54 am

please have a try by yourself first.If it doesn't work, please send us email and add this post link so that we know your camera's issue.

Please go to router's page to change the encryption mode of wifi such as wap, wap2, wep and so on. please try all encryption modes. because many customers solve wifi problem by that.
support05

Return to Wifi Configuration