Tenvis P2P HD app and user list save issue

Some methods to solve camera's trouble

Moderators: support05, support

Tenvis P2P HD app and user list save issue

Postby gwoccmed » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:56 pm

Found setup surprisingly great and easy for my IPRobot3 BUT after a morning of testing I am now required to "add" and set-up camera UID and security code on every use . . . works fine, after the tedious setup on every new use of app and promptly lost on log-off.

On save when entry complete Gives a "Warning - the camera has been added by other users and it can't be saved to your user list"

Suspect I've exceeded some limit on your servers (surely not others using my camera/account unbeknownst). I also note app no longer "remembers" my username. An uninstall and reinstall did not correct.

Can my user list be reset so settings will once again be there on next log-in?

An option to for account holderto reset list might be good idea . .

any help appreciated
gwoccmed

Re: Tenvis P2P HD app and user list save issue

Postby support » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:02 am

For TENVIS P2P -HD, it is quite weird to see such warning. Could you please provide us the register account, your camera's user and password and also the camera's exact UID through email so that our technician could test it. Our email address is support @tenvis.com. Thanks.
support

Re: Tenvis P2P HD app and user list save issue

Postby gwoccmed » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:34 pm

Support provided prompt attention.
Problem resolved itself - suspect too many "adds" in too short a time window with testing and update local network IP which resolved with new time window (?for security? - simply wait for another day)
Support moving issue to software for improvement or document - well done!

I have configured several cameras over the years - this software and method of using a Tenvis servers account and UID is by far the simplest and most genius - eliminates port and most other manual router settings (perhaps still desirable to have reserved/fixed local LAN IP), also eliminates DDNS setup (but should still work with fixed WAN IP). Camera still has options to allow set-up under older manual configs (set IP, set port routing, set-up DDNS - then setup software - all automatic with Tenvis P2P HD)
Well done!!!!

My second camera is on order.

Thanks
GW
gwoccmed

Return to Trouble Shooting