Black screen | There is no image on Apple Mac computer !

Some methods to solve camera's trouble

Moderator: support

Black screen | There is no image on Apple Mac computer !

Postby support » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:58 am

Some users tell me that there is a black screen issue with their Apple Mac computers. Even though the apple computers have installed QuickTime Player before still there is no image at all but a black screen.

mac 1.jpg

Why does this problem happeds?
Reason:Tenvis camera is rely on the legacy QuickTime 7 web plug-in to play camera video. but in OS X El Capitan, this plug-in is no longer enabled. Therefore, we need to do some configuration to activate QuickTime plug-in.

Restore the plug-in, if necessary
If you can't wait, you can restore the legacy QuickTime 7 web plug-in. Leaving legacy browser plug-ins disabled enhances the security of your Mac, so you should take these steps only if necessary.

-OSX EI Capitan Version 10.11
-Safari Version 9.0.1

1. Choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu bar in the Finder.
mac2_副本.jpg

2. Type "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins "in the search field, then click Go. The Internet Plug-Ins folder opens.
mac 3.png

3. While holding down the Command (⌘) key, double-click the Disabled Plug-Ins folder to open it in a new window.
mac 4.png

4. Drag these two files from the Disabled Plug-Ins folder to the Internet Plug-Ins folder:

QuickTime Plugin.plugin
nslQTScriptablePlugin.xpt
mac 5.png

5. If you're asked to authenticate, click Authenticate, then enter an administrator name and password.
6.Quit your web browser, then open your browser again. You should now be able to play the camera

Sample:
when you reopen Safari, you may see this below screen with huge QuickTime Player, don't worry, this image will automatially disappera within several second.

mac 6.png

Finally Mac computer will display camera video, see:
Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 1.16.51 PM.png

If there is anything you don't understand, please send e-mail to support@tenvis.com. :)
Working Time: 1:00am-10:00am GMT Monday-Friday (6:00pm-3:00am PST Sunday-Thursday)
E-mail: support@tenvis.com
support
silver

Re: Black screen | There is no image on Apple Mac computer !

Postby viliso » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:27 pm

Hello,
I have exactly this problem that you have described. Currently I have several Tenvis jpt3815-hd cameras, Safari 9.0.2 and Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.2. I followed the steps that you have kindly suggested: when I reopen Safari, I see that above screen with huge QuickTime Player picture, but unfortunately this image does not disappear and it remains fixed forever.
Please can you give me other suggestions?

Since all the major producers of HW/SW, for security reasons, are eliminating Quicktime player interface, it would be better that Tenvis would update the FW of the cameras with video-player plugins compatible with the choices of the largest manufacturers of HW/SW. What do you think about?

Thank you
Vincenzo
viliso
silver

Postby DaveG » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:43 pm

After reporting same issue as above to support via email, I was sent to this thread, and I've got same issue as post above, in that:

when I reopen Safari, I see that above screen with huge QuickTime Player picture, but unfortunately this image does not disappear and it remains fixed forever.

Can we have a proper solution to this please.
DaveG
silver

Postby DaveG » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:24 am

If anyone reading this is using MAC OSX 10.12 (or similar) and have it working within a browser (any) can you post please, or for that matter if it does not work please post also.

I've tried all browsers and the suggestion above, nothing works, seems like the Tenvis jpt3815-hd does no longer work with OSX in browser.

Anyone ?
DaveG
silver

Postby DaveG » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:24 pm

Since no one has replied here but have has reply via email, the latest reply ready:

"Why not try windows, windows works fine."

????
DaveG
silver

Return to Trouble Shooting