Disable Infrared

Baisc functions and set-up of Camera

Moderator: support

Re: Disable Infrared

Postby yo321 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:49 pm

support wrote:Since the infrared led of IPROBOT 3 could not be switched off, it is better not to put the camera at the window.
The new version IPROBOT 3 will be published soon and the new function of infrared led switching on/off has been added.

Only new version will have this function?
Model that is selling today will never have it? (IPROBOT 3 - New Arrival P2P Megapixels IP Camera)
yo321

Postby yo321 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:16 pm

Please, answer my last question.
It's very important for me. I have bought(27.11.2013) one for testing, but i've not yet received it. Can I turn off the LED? As soon as posible i want to order more of them, if it's posible to turn off the LED.
Thank You for answer.
yo321

Postby RSexton » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:05 am

For what it's worth, the ability to disable the infrared is a MUCH NEEDED ability. Like so many others without that ability, the cameras are useless at night. I have one mounted inside a window frame pointing outward which happens to point down a road. For the most part I can only see the reflection, but when a vehicle comes down the road the IR triggers off and I am able to see outside from the lights as well as the street light right outside the window.

When I read it will be added, I do hope that means those of us who already invested in these will have the ability to disable IR. All of mine are new, but I did get another for xmas and that is the one mounted in the window frame, so it's just 2 days old.

Thank you,
Robert

System Information
S/N EHCX8XRYJWZBL1PPYZ5J
Software Ver. 1.3.3.3
Release Date 2013-08-05 15:48:32
Hardware Ver. GM8126
RSexton
silver

Postby HeyNow » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:40 pm

In quite many TENVIS cameras (including at least some robot 3) IR light can be toggled off with
Code: Select all
http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx/cgi-bin/hi3510/param.cgi?cmd=setinfrared&-infraredstat=close

More commands here.
HeyNow

Previous

Return to General Configuration