Disable Infrared

Baisc functions and set-up of Camera

Moderator: support

Disable Infrared

Postby Lou3854 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:51 am

Hello,
Can I disable the Infrared capability on the camera? I have mine close to the front window and at night it goes into the infrared night mode but then I cannot see outside my window due to the glare from the inside window. Can I disable the IR feature? I have an outdoor light that is sufficient for the camera to view without IR.

Thanks,

Lou :D
Lou3854
copper

Re: Disable Infrared

Postby support05 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:03 am

Lou3854 wrote:Hello,
Can I disable the Infrared capability on the camera? I have mine close to the front window and at night it goes into the infrared night mode but then I cannot see outside my window due to the glare from the inside window. Can I disable the IR feature? I have an outdoor light that is sufficient for the camera to view without IR.

Thanks,

Lou :D

I'm afraid not. We have no method to do that .
support05
silver

Postby wiredcharlie » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:55 pm

wiredcharlie
silver

Postby burger2227 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:26 am

Is there any kind of filter or transparent lens we could put over the IR LED's to hide the red glow without losing the light?
burger2227
silver

Postby robbob1 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:37 am

I'm afraid not. We have no method to do that

When do you think you may be able to include this?
There are so many people (on different forums) complaining of this.
Some of us are unable to install outdoor cameras (tenancy/vandalism etc. issues) that our only solution is to use this product from indoors to record outwards.
And my vandals only attack my car (3 meters away) at 2 o'clock in the morning :evil:
robbob1

Postby robbob1 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:40 am

I'm afraid not. We have no method to do that

When do you think you may be able to include this?

Although I now have a temporary bodge-job for this - tape over LED's, an external IR Illuminator...
it would be nice to know if Tenvis are planing to add this feature?
robbob1

Postby support05 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:09 am

The infrared lights are for night sight. If they are closes, the image will be black. So I'm afraid we have no plan to close it. Hope you can understand. We did all for customers.
support05
silver

Postby Edo71 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:11 pm

support05 wrote:The infrared lights are for night sight. If they are closes, the image will be black. So I'm afraid we have no plan to close it. Hope you can understand. We did all for customers.

I just bought the IPROBOT 3, it works and looks great, but I thought that the night vision could be adjusted with some settings to overcome the reflection issue of glass, I'm using the cam near a windows to monitor outside home, but at night there is enough light coming from the light poles so that the infrared is not necessary, so why you don't put a sensitivity settings also for that? :roll:
Edo71
silver

Postby support05 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:37 am

Thanks for your advice and sharing. But most time there is no enough light at night. Anyway, we will consider your advice.
support05
silver

Postby Moony8 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:41 am

support05 wrote:The infrared lights are for night sight. If they are closes, the image will be black. So I'm afraid we have no plan to close it. Hope you can understand. We did all for customers.

The image won't be black if the customer has external illumination or an independent IR lighting panel. The ability to turn off the inbuilt IR lights should be a basic function.
Moony8
copper

Next

Return to General Configuration