IPRobot3 Motion Detection

Baisc functions and set-up of Camera

Moderators: support05, support

IPRobot3 Motion Detection

Postby jonny » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:23 am

HI
(but now I feel like a old creaking woman)

I have 2 IRobot 3 and has been running them for a month.

I notice now that there is problems with the motion detection on both my cams.
It doesn't trigger always....

I have "set" the sensitive on both cams to no: 5 but the cams don't record always.....and that IS NOT GOOD
and can´t be trusted. I really need that function because the these two cams are guarding my garage and backyard.

I have notice a thing as you can see in picture....
In box where to tell how sensitive the trigger is..... max is no:5 .. so I use that .... and the press ok ... and it tells me ok ... but
if I lock again in that section again ....... the box says "0-blunt" is this right?
should it not be no:5 because I chose it before?
Attachments
motion_detection.jpg
yours sincerely

Jonny Andersson
Sweden
jonny

Re: IPRobot3 Motion Detection

Postby support05 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:50 am

2013-08-05_092322.jpg

2013-07-26_101745.jpg
support05

Postby jonny » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:01 am

Hi.

okay ... got that but is there an way I can see what Sensitive level that is currently loaded? cant find it
yours sincerely

Jonny Andersson
Sweden
jonny

Postby support05 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:10 am

please see the second picture. the number on the edge of red box is current sensitive level.
support05

Postby jonny » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:44 am

yes I know that... but let me be more specific.

I have set the sensitive to nr 4 and punch the ok button and it says nr 4 in box(so far so god). if I after that for example log out of cam and then log in again and go to motion detection page ...... I can´t see what sensitive level that the cam has at present time because it says "0- Blunt" with is not good ..... so I have to write it down every time make a change in sensitive mode because the cam show 0-Blunt as soon as I leave the page.

I have know notice a funny thing with the motion detection as today.

I have one CAM (backyard)that is running fw 1.3.8.3 - sensitive sett to nr 4 = nothing is recorded by cam when open the door(everything is made right)

My second CAM in my garage is know running beta fw 1.3.1.3 and it has the same problem ... it did not record when I drive my car out of my garage even when sensitive level was set to nr 4 .

and of course there is so way that I can se that the cam really has sensitive mode 4 activated because I cant se it any ware = NOT Good.
Attachments
backyardphoto.jpg
backyard photo
efter.jpg
after set motion detection
före2.jpg
setting up motion detection
yours sincerely

Jonny Andersson
Sweden
jonny

Postby jonny » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:06 am

this is after closed door and there is no motion detection from Cam except when I turn the cam sideways it starts to record but it don't react to any motion in picture.

there is so many problems with this cam that I´am beginning to lose my patient and abandon your brand and cams because it works very poorly so far at least with the motion detection.

these 2 Cams is for guarding my garage and my backyard... and the one inn garage has your beta fw 1.3.1.3 but both Cams cant be trusted because they don record the movment

and by the way... this picture layout that you are showing me.... I don't have it like this ?
Attachments
felbild.jpg
yours sincerely

Jonny Andersson
Sweden
jonny

Postby jonny » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:14 am

this is what I have...
Attachments
bild22.jpg
yours sincerely

Jonny Andersson
Sweden
jonny

Postby support05 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:46 am

please read my sentence carefully
1. believe me we are talking about the same camera. the interface is just a little different.
2. you said camera keeps the number of sensibility on 0, where did you find the number is 0?
on the edge of red box? or the list of sensibility?
3. camera is not that intelligent. So it is normal it will miss some movement.
support05

Postby jonny » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:56 am

Okay... a bit different layouts.... understand that.

about the number "0" in sensitive.... says "0-blunt" in list of sensibility as I know why because support 005 told me it always shows that.... (for what reason I don't understand but that is a part of the problem)

If you now read my earlier statement..... the problem is that if I log in to the Cam....and check the motion detection page. I can´t see what sensitive level the Cam has at present time.... because the "list of sensitive" always says "0-blunt" as soon as I leave the page after any adjustment . this is why I have to write it down o n paper to remember... because I have at present time 9 cams and its easy to get lost in remembering what cam has what sensitive level loaded. Big problem I think that the List of sensitive should always show the current loaded sensitive regardless of when I log in to the cam...and there is no problem understand?

about the Cams miss some movement.... are you kidding me? It should not happened.. For second day now the Cam in my garage has not recorded any movement regardless if I drive the car out of the garage.... (and the cam is about 2 meters from the car) So in that case I don't need that cam because it don't tell me if there is a movement in my garage . useless if that is the case. My other cams of brand D****k don't miss any movement so why should yours do so ? they are in the same price range almost.

so I guess I have to change brand of my garage cam and backyards cams
You have a good day now and goodbye
yours sincerely

Jonny Andersson
Sweden
jonny

Postby support » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:03 am

We are really sorry for all the inconvenience.
For the sensitivity of motion detection, we do know that it will not show on the sensitive list as we have explained you before that the sensitivity only shows on the top of the frame of the alarm area that you have picked from the image. We are sorry for this bug.
7.png

For the motion detection recording, the alarm area need to be picked first like the above.
And the alarm videos will be saved to your computer if there is no SD card.
While, if you do have a SD card, it will be saved to SD card automatically.
8.png
support

Next

Return to General Configuration